A Practical Guide to Collecting Civil War
James P. Mesker
This informative Civil War collector’s guide will give you an idea of where to look, how much to pay, and how to keep mistakes to a minimum when collecting Civil War memorabilia. The author educates the reader on recognizing the value of items, emphasizes primary sources, and advises on collecting period representations. Additionally, strong focus is on the less obvious collectible with emphasis on detail and usage.
Tales of the hunt are also included! This book features specific experiences in the never-ending pursuit of Civil War artifacts and entertains you with anecdotes of rewards and retributions throughout the chapters.
The guide is annotated at every step with sources of information that the reader will learn how to access. And, since it is also illustrated with photographs of the described items, the book gives the reader a strong base of knowledge in the specialized collecting field.
- Both the novice and veteran collector can benefit from the author’s expert advice
- Find out where to look, how much to pay, and how to keep mistakes to a minimum when collecting Civil War memorabilia
- Includes the less obvious collectibles
- Illustrated with photographs to give the collector a strong base of knowledge in the specialized field of collecting
|Author||James P. Mesker|
- Publisher: White Mane Books
- Type: Paperback
- Availability: In Stock